Information You Need to Know About Paying Fees
- To access your 2019/2020 invoice, please go to the Payments > Invoices & Receipts section in the Member's Portal.
- All fees and contributions must be paid in full on or before April 1, 2019 or by instalments on or before April 1, 2019 and September 3, 2019.
- Members who do not pay their fees and contribution by April 1, 2019 must pay a late payment penalty of $10/day (maximum of $300). Members that fail to pay within 30 days of the April 1, 2019 due date are automatically suspended from practising law.
- The Law Corporation Permit renewal fee and the most recent annual return must be submitted by April 1, 2019. Failure to submit the fees and the annual return by April 1, 2019 will result in late penalty fees of $10/day (maximum $300) and the permit of a Law Corporation will be automatically suspended if not received within 30 days of the due date.
- The locker renewal fee must be paid on or before April 1, 2019.
- If you currently have a FastTrack ID card, the renewal fee will appear on your invoice. Current FastTrack ID cards will expire on March 31, 2019 but there is a 30 day grace period for access to the Law Courts complex. If you choose not to renew your FastTrack ID card, you may simply deduct the fee amount from your submitted payment. If you currently do not have a FastTrack ID card and would like one, please contact Shari Lough at The Law Society of Manitoba at 204-942-5571 for assistance.
- If you intend to change your active practising status to Inactive or Non-Practising you must file an Application to Withdraw from Practice. If you intend to resume active practice, you must submit an Application to Resume Active Practice. Both forms can be found on the Law Society website at:
- You will receive on or before June 1, 2019 an email regarding payment of the Professional Liability Claims Fund contribution.
- Receipts for practising fees can be found on your Member’s Portal.